Thursday, April 7, 2011

PROBLEMS & SOLUTIONS

Here is a little problem for you to think about.

Of the more than 6 billion people in the world today, more than one half will die and go to hell without Jesus as their Savior.

Some people don't see this as problem. In fact, most people probably don't even think about it very often. But, it seems to me that God thinks about it and that it is an important issue with Him. Now, if it is a "problem" to Him, then I wonder where I should put it on my list of priorities. Should I put it on my priority list after I take care of my dental work, my next career move, my children's education, or the purchase of my next car? Or, should it become priority #3 or #13 for me. Oh no! What if God expects me to make it #1 on my priority list? But, He can't expect me to make it #1 can He? I can't be expected to put dying lost sinners doomed to hell in front of my family and my "abundant life" pursuits, can I? He saved me and I have a life to live now. I'm getting educated and moving up in the world. I'm respected in my church and even do a lot of work there during the week. Lost people dying and going to hell just can't become my #1 concern now.

Well, where did that problem seem to fit on God's priority list?

Jesus, when you were in Gethsemane's garden talking with God, did you ask Him where that particular problem was on His list of things to do? Did He by any chance share with you that the problem of lost sinners' dying and going to an eternal hell was maybe a #4 or #5 problem for Him and that He had a "contingency plan" to take care of the problem if his first solution failed?

Lets see if I've got this straight or not. Maybe I'm confused. God created the earth and man. Then man sinned and was doomed to eternal separation from God. Then God promised man that He would send someone to die for man so that man would not have to go to hell forever. Then God died for man. You know, that just doesn't sound like a #4 or #5 priority to me. I mean, God may have other things on His agenda that I don't know about, but I am afraid that this death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and spending eternity in heaven instead of hell may just turn out to be a #1 priority with God.

Oh boy, that really complicates things. If it is God's #1 priority, then I have really got a problem. I don't think it has been my #1 priority. I hate to say it, but God's #1 priority has been buried pretty far down on my list of priorities - sometimes even close to mowing the lawn or paying the water bill.

Well, I guess I have two choices. I can forget I ever wrote this article and continue doing "business as usual." Or, I can ask God's forgiveness and seek His face.

What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment